Respawn Entertainment and EA have released the trailer launch of the Pass Battle of Origins of Apex Legends. This is the biggest update ever to the game, available for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Series XS, Switch, and PC, introducing a new permanent 3v3 mode.
The new Legend Valkyrie will also join in the Apex Games, and with his jetpack he will help players dominate the air, launching missiles at enemies. Bocek, the new high-precision bow, will separate predators from victims. Players can also explore an updated map of Olympus, which is being turned upside down by an invasion of nature. With the Battle of Origins Pass, players can also wear the latest legendary skins.
Respawn also released patch notes, providing a comprehensive breakdown of what’s new in Apex Legends: Origins. You can check them out by reading the official blog here or by taking a look below:
- Arenas : This is a permanent 3v3 game mode where the goal is to win three rounds without losing more than one, or continue until one team is two rounds ahead. Win or lose, each round starts anew with basic equipment and some materials to use in weapons and upgrades. Matches unfold across five maps – some locations are familiar and some are completely new. In Arenas, players will compete in existing BR locations within the Canyon of the Kings, World’s End and Olympus, as well as two custom maps, Party Crasher and Phase Runner. New ones will arrive in the future.
- New Legend: Valkyrie – Unleash a swarm of missiles to damage and disorient the enemy. If things get complicated, Valkyrie can use the Ultimate ability for a quick escape to the sky, taking her entire squad with her if she locks into takeoff systems. Valkyrie springs into action with something to prove, ready to rain death from above.
- New Weapon: Bocek – A powerful and deadly new weapon also comes into play, capable of dealing massive damage at medium range. Bocek’s Arch is not an ancient relic. Players can increase its effectiveness with two hop-up slots: Deadeye’s Tempo, which allows for faster extraction, and Shatter Caps, which detonate arrows when fired. Both hop-ups can be used simultaneously to terrify enemy teams.
- Olympus Map Update – A fleet of ships breached Psamathe’s atmosphere from space, and a ship called Icarus docked on Olympus carrying a viscous, parasitic plant of unknown origin. New drop locations and modified lines of sight alter gameplay for players moving around the map.
- Battle Pass – The Battle Pass of Origins will offer unique rewards such as Apex packs, XP boosts and skins; skins such as the Crafty Kitsune Rampart or the Legendary Demon’s Whisper Wraith will ensure that players empathize with the part as they excel over their opponents. At level 100, players will unlock the Legendary Reactive Bound in Bone Devotion with many other exciting rewards they will find along the way: Music Packs, Loading Screens, Skydive Emotes, Quips and more.
- Ranked – World’s End returns for the first division, which ends when the second division takes the competition to Olympus, where the rest of the season will be played. In the last season, players have reached higher levels, breaking personal records: this has led to better quality and quantity of matches. For this reason the main classified and RP systems will remain the same.